Setting up a cycling group
If you'd like to start up a bike group for seniors in your area then this page is a great starting point.
The attached guide, Setting Up a Seniors Bicycling Group, provides lots of good, practical and realistic advice, ideas and suggestions based on our experiences in the "On yer bike!" Group.
Areas covered include:
- What sort of bike group do you want to set up?
- Recruiting members for a seniors bike riding group
- Working with seniors who have have reservations and concerns about getting
- '"On yer bike!"
- Planning, conducting and leading successful rides
- 1st Aid
- Bikes, helmets and clothing
- Planning a ride
- Repairs and breakdowns
- What is the best way to run a seniors bike group?